Welcome to PreEngaged.com! We are so glad you are here. We hope you find the information and resources helpful as you seek to learn and grow in your current or future relationship!
What a Pre-Engagement Relationship Is…
A pre-engagement relationship is a couple who is evaluating each other and their relationship to decide if they should move forward to engagement and marriage. It is that sweet spot between dating and engagement when they are seriously considering the possibility of becoming engaged, but still determining if he or she is a good lifetime partner.
What this means for you is that we can help you if…
- You are seriously dating and are deciding if you want to marry him or her.
- You are trying to prepare well for marriage (because life is too short for unhappy marriages!)
- You want to avoid painful situations often experienced in marriage – before you get married.
- You want to learn how to have better communication and resolve conflict with greater ease.
- You have reservations about getting engaged and want to explore them.
- You are in a long-distance relationship and struggle to find pre-engagement and premarital counseling which works for both of you (note: we work with geographically close couples too!)
- You are in a healthy relationship and are looking to make it that much stronger.
- You want to start your future marriage on the right foot.
Note: If you are already engaged, we can also work with you as the main pre-marriage principles will still apply!
Services and Resources
We offer Pre-engagement Counseling and Premarital Counseling. We believe that beginning marriage on a healthy note with preventative relationship coaching will significantly reduce the difficulties and arguments new couples face in the first few years of marriage. How much would it be worth to reduce the fighting and tension which would otherwise naturally occur at the beginning of your marriage? It is significantly more difficult to fix problems once they arise than it is to prevent problems and miscommunications before they start.
Additionally, the PAIR Test is a comprehensive assessment we administer to our pre-engagement couples which shows the different personality traits and preferences of each individual. It is so effective and has been so highly praised by our clients that we decided to offer it as a standalone service. After the test is scored and graphed, we spend two sessions with each couple explaining the results of the test, discussing how the results affect their current relationship, and what the couple can expect in the future based on their personalized dynamics.
Our blog is primarily written for those who are single, dating couples, and even engaged couples as we are all about helping people prepare well for marriage. We also offer tips for choosing a spouse wisely. We hope and pray our blog will be a blessing to you and we welcome your comments and feedback! We currently publish a new article weekly (though, in our starting days, we had published three times per week) and have been doing so since October 2010. This means we have over 1400 posts of free learning material for you – and growing! A good place to begin is with the posts below.
On our About Us page you will find our photo as well as our credentials and links to our love story. Additionally, you will find our contact information, information on our coaching services, and links to testimonials from some of the couples we have coached!
Also, we offer a selection of resources – growing all the time! Over the years we have found a number of books to be invaluable to helping couples prepare for marriage and thrive in marriage. Please go to our Recommended Books page to check them out!
Last, but not least, we give a tenth of our net revenue to charity. If you would like to know more about the charity you are supporting when we serve you (as we couldn’t do it without your help!), please click here.
Top Blog Posts
Here is a sampling of posts which have been especially helpful to our readers. We hope you will be blessed too!
- What a Woman Wants in a Marriage Proposal
- Be Married First, and Then…
- Is Pre-Engagement Counseling Right for Me?
- Five Uncomfortable Facts Every Couple Should Face Up to Before Engagement
- Seven Reasons Why You Will Love the PAIR Test
We Look Forward to Serving You!
Overall, our goal is to serve you by helping you learn more about yourselves, each other (if in a relationship), and helping you prepare for an amazing marriage! If you have any questions or there is anything we can do to serve you, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know!
— Eric and Heather Viets