November is here! More than any other month, November is when we consider what we are thankful for, who we are thankful for, and how we can express our thanks! Though we have focused on blessings since January (since this is the Year of Blessings here at PreEngaged), we have to give extra-special attention to the biggest blessings month of the year.
Thanksgiving is on its way and, as we prepare for it, we can make it our personal missions to bless the socks off of as many people as we can between now and Turkey Day! What do you say? Are you up for the challenge? How will you make a thousand peoples’ days this month? How will you shower your closest friends and family members this month? Whatever you do, make it fun and memorable!
Let the fun begin! Here are some ideas to consider before you dive!
- Do you want to create a blessings free-for-all?! Do you want to take every opportunity you can to lighten hearts? You can keep food and water in your car for people in need. You can buy some goodies and put your co-workers’ names in a jar. Pull a name each day, and offer that person a treat! If you want to be a hero, purchase several $5 Starbucks cards and pass them out to the people in your life who clearly need a bright spot – even strangers!
- Think of a theme for the month. Do you want it to be the month of daily blessings or maybe the month of weekly blessings? Do you want to focus the first week of the month on blessing children, the second week on blessing teens, and so on and so forth? Do you have a heart for the elderly and wish to spend the month visiting senior citizens? Your theme can be as broad or as specific as you would like; have no regrets come December 1st!
- Will you pick a specialized means of blessing others? Your love language may influence this. Some are excellent at using their words to bless; whereas, others have a knack for picking the right gift (we can also help you with that!). There are wonderful people who know how to fix appliances, unclog drains, and repair damages, and they quietly offer practical help. Do you want to bless your fellow man in one way that is particularly meaningful to you, or in several ways?
- Will you create a movement? Do you want to localize your November blessing-fest to you and your sweetie or do you want to bring as many people into the mix as you can? Do you have an idea that will make a sizeable difference in your school, workplace, church, family, or community, but you need help bringing it to fruition? Get others to join you!
- When you look back over the month, what do you want to see? What is your biggest desire for November? What will success look like when it is all over? If you have encouraged five people by the month’s end, will you have completed your mission? If you provide three families with a Thanksgiving meal, will you be satisfied? No amount of giving is insignificant, so create your goal and then create a plan to achieve it; and, do not be afraid to dream big. We serve a generous God and if He places a ministry opportunity in your heart, He can also provide you with the resources to make it happen.
We give for the purpose of heaping goodness on to others, but giving also blesses the giver – sometimes even more than the recipient. We give out of the abundance of what God gave us. Thank you, Lord, for providing us with the ability to be a blessing.
We hope you made the most of October’s beauty and we encourage you to make the most of November’s giving spirit. If you are like me, you live in a world of good intentions. When I do not have a plan, I seldom reach my potential. Is this true for you? If so, make a plan today!
If you come up with an incredible idea for bringing joy to your home, friends, or community, let us know about it! We are always happy to learn unique ways to pour hope into humanity and strengthen our connection with others!
How will you and your sweetie create a November tidal wave of blessings?
Leave a Reply