Recently, we had the pleasure of sitting down with a couple we worked with almost five years ago, Dominic and Maegan Immordino, to get their insights about married life and all its ups, downs, surprises, and joys. They are such sweethearts and we were blessed to get to know them better as they later attended the church we attended until their move to Wake Forest, NC, last summer.
It is exciting to watch God work in the lives of couples. So many relationships end due to selfishness and one or both partners giving up. So, when you see a couple who loves each other well, it is worth taking the time to find out their secret. We hope you enjoy the interview too!
Highlights from the Interview:
- They highly recommend seeking faith-based pre-engagement counseling before marriage.
- Our program helped them communicate better, respect each other’s points of view, know more about themselves, resolve conflicts, and work together.
- Having shared goals and a mission is extremely important – especially for anyone going into the ministry.
- They attribute their marital success first and foremost to the Lord, and seeing God work in the lives of family and friends.
- A shared love for the Lord has helped them love each other better.
- Staying in God’s Word daily has been a huge help in keeping them unified.
- It is important to invest in community and friendships.
- Gives opportunity to watch other seasoned couples and people to walk alongside on this journey.
- It is important to have common interests.
- Participate in activities the other person loves at times – even if you don’t love it.
- Over time, they have come to enjoy some of each other’s hobbies more.
- Find the middle ground (e.g., go on a walk rather than a long hike, etc.)
- It is okay to enjoy hobbies alone.
- Over time, couples become more comfortable with each other. As a result, it may seem like the other person has changed; but, really, the person is becoming more at ease in being his or her true self.
- Getting on a good financial footing out of the gate is hugely beneficial!
… and more! (including why they hired us in the first place!)