Reveling in the beauty of Spring or Autumn comes more naturally to me than diving into a pile of freshly fallen snow or baking in the summer heat; however, each season has something special to offer us.
Winter is almost here! So, let’s plan to make the most of it, even when it’s dreary. Below are five ways you and your sweetie can connect in the blustery, and sometimes gray, winter months!
- The Obvious. The Awesome. The Snowball Fight! Whether your area gets loads of snow, or a few inches each year, enjoy a no-holds-barred snowball fight with your significant other. When that gets boring, go sledding, build a snowman, or make snow angels. Take advantage of the powdery white stuff that only comes for a while each year! If your area rarely or never gets snow, enjoy your fill of snow cones and laugh at those of us who are cold. ~smile~
- Get Your Blood Pumping! In order to stay warm in the winter time, you should keep moving! This may be a good time to practice a winter sport, to create a new sport, or to bundle up and go for a run! It is easier to exercise in the cold than in the dreadful heat – at least for me. ~smile~ For those of you who have to be outside to be happy, make use of the natural AC and enjoy some heart pumping good fun together!
- Enjoy the Roar of a Beautiful Fire! For you hard-core indoor types, take advantage of your fireplace. Sit near its warmth and read, watch movies, talk about the future, and play board games. Something about its coziness inspires closeness and good conversation! Warm up and connect!
- Become Coffee Experts! And not just coffee! All warm beverages. While you are sitting in front of the blazing fire, you will need something to sip! Since buying coffee can be so expensive, make your own favorite blends at home. Same goes for tea and hot chocolate! Let the warmth fill your body and soul. Relax, chat, and snuggle up under a blanket – sitting up, of course. ~wink~
- Create Something Together! Winter is the perfect time to stay indoors and create a masterpiece. Write a poem together. Write a song together. Learn to play an instrument together. Make something out of clay. Paint pictures. Build gingerbread houses. Cook exotic meals. Take the time to expand your horizons as a couple. Try something neither of you expects to be good at and see what happens. You may be a better musician, writer, poet, cook, or potter than you could have ever imagined! Thanks, Winter! ~smile~
So, there you have it! Short and sweet! Winter may chill us to the bone, but we can still celebrate all the possibilities it affords us. We can sit around and complain about the gray sky, or we can choose to have fun anyway. Get a sun lamp if you need a mood booster, and then continue to love your life! Spring is coming. ~smile~
How will you make the most out of winter this year?