Have you ever considered covering your home in Scripture? My former boss said her house was literally built on the Word of God. Though I do remember exactly, I think she said there was Scripture written beneath her front door. ~smile~
Psalm 119:11 says, “I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” Filling your home with Scripture (through artwork, vinyl lettering, etc.) is another way to hide God’s word in your heart. Not only that, but it will bless your children and any guests you entertain.
When the time comes to decorate your home, you can prayerfully decide how to adorn your walls. In the meantime, here are seven powerful verses you may want to consider!
- Front Doorway – “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” – Revelation 3:20
- Kitchen – But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” – Matthew 4:4
- Living Room – “And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” – Joshua 24:15
- Bathroom – “Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” – James 4:8
- Bathroom – “Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil.” – Isaiah 1:16
- Master Bedroom (One Side) – “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” – Ephesians 4:31-32
- Master Bedroom (Other Side) – “A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.” – Proverbs 15:1
- Child’s Room – “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.” – 3 John 1:4
What a special way to honor God, to be creative in your decorating, and to consistently fill your mind with God’s Word! It was difficult narrowing down verses to recommend. I was going to stop with the above, but here are a few others I simply must share! Bonus! ~smile~
- In Front of the Exercise Equipment – “I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 3:14
- In Front of Her Makeup Mirror – “Do not let your adorning be external – the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear – but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.” – 1 Peter 3:3-4
- Above the Television – “You shall have no other gods before me.” – Exodus 20:3
- The Bedroom Ceiling – “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8-9 (I LOVE this one! ~smile~)
- On the Refrigerator – “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.’” – 2 Corinthians 12:9
This post has me excited! Once we remove some wallpaper and paint, some of these are going in our home! You can be as creative as you want while filling your home with truth!
“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” – Hebrews 4:12
What Scriptures do you and your sweetie want to grace the walls of your future home?
(All verses in this post are from the English Standard Version)